If you do not know already I once again put my blog through another redesign. The best part about this redesign is it wasn’t really graphically designed. I used a template called Newspaper Theme by TagDiv.
Prior to the years, I have enjoyed the Genesis Framework for a very long time. All past themes was built on the Genesis framework it gave me speed and was very light on loading. It was the strongest framework, matter fact it was one of the very first WordPress frameworks built for WordPress.
More recently, if you have not noticed, I switched it to a very versatile theme called Newspaper. It is a very powerful easy to use WordPress theme that is also user friendly. Here are some features which this template has.
- Custom auto scaling content blocks – a block changes it’s structure to work perfectly (in sidebar, full width or pages with sidebar)
- Responsive Google AdSense support via our custom admin panel – the scripts loads a different google adsense spot for each screen size. Once it’s loaded it doesn’t modify it in order to be 100% compliant with Google adSense TOS.
- Responsive ads support – for ad networks that allow multiple ad spots on the same div or if you want to show your own ads on different devices. This option will change the ad spot on the fly, for example when a tablet is changed from landscape to portrait. (the header banner from the demo site is using this system)
- Inline Google AdSense or other ads after a predefined number of paragraphs
- Auto youtube, dailymotion and vimeo thumb downloader – just paste a youtube url and the site will download the largest image available from the clip automatically and it will set it as a featured image. Very easy to add videos to articles.
- Built in review system (stars, percents, points)
- SEO: Schema with rich snippet microdata for articles and reviews
- Built in translation support from our admin panel. No more .po .mo files, you just get a form with all the strings from the theme and the corresponding translations.
- Multi Language site support via the free qTranslate plugin. All from wp-admin.
- Google fonts – change the fonts easy from the Theme panel
- …. read all 54 features
One aspect that I like is to be able to load their templates with content and then customize the look and feel. It makes creating a website suer easy, load and edit.
With so many demos to install, it is easy to customize the look and feel for your new blog or website. From my blogs’ point of view, I wanted a more personal brand style and feel, so I used one of the demos and just removed excess sections of the design.
Since each section is controlled by Visual Composer it is easy to add and remove sections of your design for your home page or even pages of your website.
Another part I really like is full control of a blog post. It allows be to customize the look and feel on a per post level. So if I have a video, I can have it above the post as a feature or just within the post. Take a look at all the layouts available within the post section itself…
These are just one of the reasons why I decided to move on and change my framework to Newspaper. It just has a lot of versatility when it comes to making your blog very unique.
The versatility of this template is pretty much endless. From customizing your theme header, to choosing the colors and size of fonts, to how you want your side bar to act. The fact that you can do almost anything you can is what makes this template very powerful.
… now there is a drawback …
There is a learning curve when it comes to this template. With so many options it does get confusing on what to do and what you need to do. So you can change the color of the fonts, but there are so many options for fonts that you have to make sure you are within the right section of the framework to control the font you want. – did you get it?
Take a look at the font section of this template, so much power, but a bit confusing at a first glance.
That is a lot of options! It took me a while to figure out which style meant what. With that said, their customer support is superior! I would ask a question in their TagDiv forum and get a response back within a day.
I know you may want an answer right away and sometimes the do respond within just a couple of hours. It is never more than a day I can tell you that. Even their forum for just peer to peer support. So you will be able to get your answer fairly quickly.
One amazing support ticket I received was in a form of a how to video. I want to do something more custom within the code and they easily told me where to do it with a video. That is how amazing their support is!
I have the Newspaper template on several websites that I currently run and it is just an amazing template to use. No need for fancy designers or complicated coders to log into your WordPress, you can easily manage everything on your own with this template!
This is why I decided to utilize this specific template by TagDiv because of its versatility. I can literally have a multitude of theme styles without getting a redesign every time. Such a versatile template to use.