On October 15th – Blog Action Day, bloggers around the web will unite to put a single important issue on everyone’s mind. It is a day where all bloggers can talk off topic and talk about something important. Blog Action Day on Monday, the 15th will be about our environment. This is the first Blog Action Day for the blogosphere, can we
bloggers authors make a difference?
How to participate:
Bloggers can participate on Blog Action Day in one of two ways:
- Publish a post on their blog which relates to an issue of their own choice pertaining to the environment.For example: A blog about money might write about how to save around the home by using environmentally friendly ideas. Similarly a blog about politics might examine what weight environmental policy holds in the political arena.Posts do not need to have any specific agenda, they simply need to relate to the larger issue in whatever way suits the blogger and readership. Our aim is not to promote one particular viewpoint, only to push the issue to the table for discussion.
- Commit to donating their dayâ€™s advertising earnings to an environmental charity of their choice. There is a list of “official” Blog Action Day charities on the site, however bloggers are also free to choose an alternate environmental charity to donate to if they wish.
Source: Blog Action Day
Here is their YouTube Video:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfO8mGjXoe8[/youtube]
Blog Action Days First Action: Environment
What to write for the environment? Here are some tips that I can say might be useful for multiple blogs out there.
- If you talk about money, talk about how you can save money
- …about electronics, turn off a radio or tv for the day – maybe even ways to save electricity around the house
- …about cooking, alternative to gas grills
- …about cars, environmental safe engines
- …about Google, solar powered systems(Google’s Project)
There are just so many things you can talk about, me my post has already been done and will be posted on Monday at 12:05 am. So stay tuned for my post.
Before you leave you want to find out what kind of blogger are you. Blog Action day has composed of a quiz which will determine what kind of blogger are you.
That probably fits me and almost looks like me, maybe? Take action and blog off topic for just one day!