If you do not know what an Affiliate Summit is, I suggest you find out since it is one of the best conference shows I have been to. This year in NY I felt there was a big change and shift in the type of people that attended. In this post I will recap about the over show and tomorrows post I will talk about the networking events after the show.
This year was definitely different from the past Summits, I just felt a different vibe for some reason but it didn’t stop me from talking to people and networking. I brought 3 of my friends to this year summit to see what I do for a living. Get them inspired!
I am going to recap the event by doing an AdHuslter version recap post of Affiliate Summit. Since I have recapped the Summit several times, I am going to point out the perks I picked up and noticed.
Observations in no particular order…
- There were much more vendors at the Meet Market and the Meet Market is bigger than past Affiliate Summit Meet Market
- I found there were more beginners here at this conference than the past summits I have been too.
- First night out Rubacky is a Party machine
- First night out I almost got jumped by 7 random people
- The sessions this time around are far better than past summit – more relevant topics base on our industry
- Not a lot of advertisers were at this year summit
- Not a lot of the past big affiliates I know were at this summit
- A lot of shifting of employees from network to network or advertiser to network
- More mobile networks rising
- AOR new terminology is now EMP
- Ruck from Convert2Media is sexy
- Rarely any traffic source at this year summit
- Shoemoney’s Facebook sessions was amazing – great case study he did
- Rain does not stop affiliates from partying
- Some people in the sessions need to hear their questions first before they ask – retarded basic stuff
- Seems more mailers in this industry now are popping up
- Some people talk too damn much and brag a little too much when they don’t know that much
- Frank Luntz Keynote was freaking amazing, so good that I bought his book right after his keynote
- Jim Kukral gave away his “Attention: This Book will Make You Money” book at his Keynote
- Jim Kukral says “You know an idea is good when you get a REACTION”
- Jim Kukral says we live in a time of instant gratification – a perfect example is the case study he presented on 5 Hour Energy
- Elite Clicks Media had a private Suite just for private gathering and drinking
- CPA and CPS has their clicks
- Quiet FTC and Government discussions about our industry
- John Chow s always fun to be with. Shooting rockets at Shomoney
- Most affiliate are now slowly merging out of the affiliate space and doing bigger businesses
- IANteract Dinner was a success
- Cashtactic favorite line of the night “I taught this person everything I know!”
- New networks need to stop pushing women in bikinis
- Heard FTC are looking into some sites…
- I really do not like pushy networks and advertisers
- Some Affiliates I talked too are owed 5 figures form networks, probably advertisers not paying or networks can be either or
- I love talking to people
- I love Wes Mahler
- Neverblue party was ok – didn’t have music I can dance too.
- Clickbooth/Pulse360 party was crazy – heard some people caught me on picture and videos of me dancing
- Every night is a strip club night
- Met some Clickbank Affiliates
- I really do not like people disrespecting my friends – I will throw down
- ShareaSale party was super crowded and tight
- AKMG new and last version Skateboard is sweeet.
- Some vendors or networks or agency are like mall spammers, stopping you in your tracks
- Late night chicken and rice is amazing!
- Heavy T’s affiliate dinner was a great networking event
- Some young affiliates need to stop trying to show off in front of BIG affiliates
- Met a lot of great people at this summit
- All the Pictures from the Affiliate Summit East
Video recap of Affiliate Summit East NY 2010:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h308VUR2CIA[/youtube]
Thanks Missy and Shawn! Great job always!