Hope everyone had a great Christmas! This is the last post of the year. I hope to bring more blog content in 2019! Tell me what you want to see in 2019.
Now, I am updating you on the case study that I posted several days ago with LeadBit traffic platform, DatsPush. The campaign is done nad here are my results.
The traffic started off slow as I stated prior. I allowed it to run a couple more days before I decided to switch it out to a new country. Well, here is an overview window of what the traffic looks like.
You can see when I started switching because the traffic just increased and spiked. Same exact campaign just different country. The bid was also the same but I spending too fast that I lowered the bid by half and still received good traffic flow.
What is interesting is that even with the slow traffic my cost was getting too high for the number of clicks. When I switched countries, I received more clicks than my cost - interesting data points I haven't seen on other networks.
As you can see as well, I spent more money on the new country because it basically had more volume. Thanks to the DatsPush team for providing me the requested data points I asked.
The first country, which is the one at the bottom, received a higher CTR of 1.52 not bad, but I only received 3 conversions from this country, which puts me in the red still.
Country 1: 3 conversions at $3.38; $10.14 but spent $33.48 - not profitable.
I kinda saw this when the volume was very low and I had to compete at a higher CPC. When I increased it from .02 to .04 to .10 to try and get volume. It kinda worked but conversions were not there.
You will get a feel of how the traffic reacts to from past experience to know if it will flop or not.
That is when I decided to switch it up to a new country. Again DatsPush provided volume data on what I asked for specifically. When I switched to the new country. I kept the bidding the same at .04.
At that point when traffic came in, it became apparent that I didn't need to and could have bid far lower at .02 - which the next day, I adjusted my bidding.
Country 2: Spent $66.56, Earned $52.36, plus Monetizer of $12.90, Total revenue $65.26 - a $1.30 loss.
I did also mess up a bit because I forgot to switch up the links to the proper country. The best part of the network that I am working with is that they have a smart redirect, so I still kinda made some commissions on my own error.
I also did some modifications to the landing page after finding out one of my creatives are doing far better than the others. I adjusted the ad to the lp - so there is a match flow across each medium. Helped increase the conversions after.
Doing this because I wanted to create a seamless flow. Especially after finding out one of the creatives is converting better than the others. I decided to pause the other 2 creatives and keep the 1 that got the conversions.
I also implemented Monetizer - which monetized my paid traffic. Meaning, if a user comes from another country other than what I specified, back buttons, and exit intents. I should have done this in the beginning but I was using another smart link system instead.
Monetizer def won this.
I am trying to monetize the click to the best of my potential and I do that by utilizing Monetize. You should def use them as it helps with extra potential revenue.
One other thing is that I also turned off the campaigns during a certain time of days base on my conversions. Now Dats Push does not have day parting just yet, but it was easy enough to turn on and off when I wanted to anyways.
The next thing I started doing was blacklisting any IP address that clicked more than 3 times on the ad and no conversions.
My thought process: The reason why I blacklisted all IPs within Dats Push who clicked on my ad and no conversions is that after 2 or 3 clicks and no conversions then they do not need to see an ad again.
This can be a mix from all the creatives as well, but for me, I blacklist IPs that clicked on the ad 3 times and didn't turn into commissions. No need to show any more ads.
I also started blacklisting IPs that converted for this one campaign.
My thought process: If a person on a single IP converted, they do not need to convert again on the same offer. I am just wasting a click. Push notifications are to individuals' devices.
It isn't like other traffic sources where you want to whitelist or blacklist a website from displaying your ads. Since IPs are more unique to a 'person' or device, I think it wouldn't make sense to show them the same ad again.
Here are the full stats on the campaign for over 7 days. This is taken from DatsPush dashboard.
That was a lot of strategy in one mini test campaign, make sure to read the 24-hour results with DatsPush as well. This way you can see this campaign from a full view.
This campaign can be profitable especially if I spent more time on country 2. I have done a lot of adjustments from the landing page to the campaign itself.
I allowed the data to tell me a story and I worked at it to start optimizing it. This campaign total spend was $100 only and I can def make that back with the second country more optimized.
I think I will reach out to DatsPush and do an interview with them on their traffic. Let me know who to test next!