I am very excited that since joining StumbleUpon. I have been getting good traffic from the network. Since joining I was thinking of ways to optimize and use SU (StumbleUpon) to my advantage. I have been searching Google, to see if anyone has a good idea to use SU to generate traffic.
Well in similarity, I was just browsing Dosh Dosh blog and I remember reading a Technorati Favorite Exchange. I thought to myself, thinking creatively, like I usually do. Can I take the same concept as Dosh Dosh did for Technorati and use it with StumbleUpon?
I then started to browse SU and see what it has to offer. So far that I have noticed is that it is a social network. Hence Social Bookmark Network. I tried to find more and more articles about SU to see if it is useful for traffic. I found lots of good feedback, but none on ways to control that traffic to your site. I would like to somehow funnel the traffic to my website.
More traffic means more prospects and sales.
Well after a day of thinking and trying to figure out how this plan can work I thought of a great plan which will benefit me and anyone who will stumble on my site.
The idea is anyone that has a SU account can favorite my blog by simply just clicking here. Once they favorite my blog and write a mini review (optional) I will favorite their blog as well. Well before I go into the explanation of the steps on how to start I would like to explain a little bit more about the benefits.
So far SU has provided my website with an avg of 114 visits a day, this is just the past 2 days. So this means if I favorite your blog or website, you too can receive the potential of free targeted traffic.
What are the Benefits of being Favorite?
- In general it provides social proof of your blogs popularity. If its popular don't you think others will want to read about it?
- Creating unique targeted readers, which will view and read your blog specifically for the information you provide.
Since now you know a little bit of what I have in mind lets start exchanging shall we?
How to Exchange
- The most easiest way to exchange favs is to simply leave a comment about this post with your website's URL in your name, do not put your URL in the comment as it will get filtered.
- Fav my Blog. Once you favorite my blog through StumbleUpon I will do the same, please give me some time if I do not fav your blog right away. I do not know what the reaction to this small project might cause.
- Add me as a friend, my name is Ianternet, within your network so you can easily check my favorites to see if I have fav your blog or site. If I have not please contact me, but please allow me some time as again I do not know what the reaction of this project may cause.
Part 2 of StumbleUpon Traffic
This is only for bloggers that are interested in holding a StumbleUpon Project Exchange on their blogs. Here are the step to do so.
- Create a post on your blog announcing that you are participating in a StumbleUpon Exchange Project. Prominently include a link to this post to indicate that there is a similar exchange going on at Ian Fernando's Blog. You can use any link text you want. I do however prefer that you make a new post on this topic instead of putting the link in a old post that is already deep in your archives.
- You can copy the direction or modify it as you wish to fit your blog if necessary.
- Once Iâ€™ve noticed the link via trackback, Iâ€™ll include a link to your post on a separate post I will be creating after a week of testing this new project.
What is the Main Goal?
The goal of this exchange project is to simply see if StumbleUpon is really a great traffic generator than the other social bookmarking sites. Is it easily ready to give away traffic?
Now other social bookmarking websites, you will need to be in the top X amount to get great traffic. With SU (that I have noticed) is there is no such rating. There is a "Recently Popular Pages" page on the main interface, but it changes depending on the favorites that moment. Again, this is what I have experienced in the past 2 days. I am still a newbie with SU and other social bookmarking site, but this issue has got me well into it.